Lunar New Year at PEM
Join PEM as they celebrate the Lunar New Year! 2014 is the Year of the Horse and PEM will host a day of family fun including traditional lion dances, a film set in Boston's Chinatown, sword play, traditional crafts and more! Join the festive mood in the Atrium — watch dance performances, create your own festive door god or mini dragon, hear some stories, experience traditional dance and performances, and take a family tour!
Enjoy the day-long event program with performances, exhibits, movies and activities that include:
- Gund Kwok Asian Women's Lion and Dragon Dance Troupe
Cubs Lion Dance
- Part of the Gund Kwok Dance Troupe, the Cubs are ages 6-9 and have mastered the Lion Dance.
- Chinese Dulcimer Guzheng Youth Band
- 'Make a Move' Breakdancing by Freestyle Motions
- Swordplay performance & workshop by Freestyle Motions
- The Chinese Folk Art Workshop present Diabolo, Drumming and Folk Dances
Red Envelope Lanterns
- Make a traditional offering of good luck to take home
- Lion Head Color Painting
- Red Envelope Lanterns
- Up Close with Silk
- Freckled Rice in the Morse Auditorium
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids